Peter McCombe is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who has lived and worked on the Mornington Peninsula for over 20 years.
He completed medicine at Melbourne University in 1979 and qualified as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1988.
After gaining experience in England and the USA in the field of joint replacement surgery, he settled and started practice on the Mornington Peninsula. Over the years his practice has become centred on Hip and Knee Joint Replacement. Surgery is performed mainly at Beleura Private Hospital in Mornington. Trauma surgery has also been an interest, primarily at Frankston Hospital.
Peter has always enjoyed teaching and was an examiner in Orthopaedics for the Royal Australian College of Surgeons for many years. This continues to be an interest through his involvement at Frankston Hospital.
Areas of Special Interest/Expertise
- Joint Arthroplasty
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
- Beleura Private Hospital, Mornington
- Peninsula Health, Frankston
- Beleura Private Hospital Medical Advisory Committee (1995- )
- Chairman Orthopaedic Department Peninsula Health (2015- )